Google has recently released an update for Google Chromecast Setup devices, but is seemingly led to issues with the working of Chromecast. Some users who have updated the OS version of their Chromecast model have started getting the problem with the streaming. According to Google officials, they are suggesting the users reboot their devices and check if the problem is solved or not.
Sometimes, even the best device encounters an irreparable bug. But instead of getting disappointed or going to the nearby store for a replacement, we recommend you to go through this page as we have tried to fix your problem through Factory resetting of it. This process will hardly take 10 minutes and you can do it easily with your computer.
To start the rebooting process, you must connect your www Chromecast Setup to the TV and to the wireless networks.
Factory Resetting for modern Chromecast
- Launch the Home app from the smartphone. If you are using Android or iPhone for connecting it to the Chromecast, then you will find this app easily on the respective app store.
- Open settings from the main menu: You will find the vertical ellipses on the top-right corner of the screen where you find Chromecast name.
- Tap on ‘Factory reset’ from the menu: To select this option, you need to again click on the vertical ellipses given on the upper right corner of the menu.
- Confirm your move: Click ‘Ok’ to confirm your move. This will reset your Chromecast. You need to setup the Chromecast again from scratch.
- Perform hard reset: This is an optional choice. If you don’t find the settings page on the screen, then you can go for a hard reset. Press the Hard reset button of your Chromecast for 15 seconds. The light will first blink orange, then turn to white. When you find it white, release the button and check the screen.
Factory Resetting steps for older models of Chromecast:
- Launch the Chromecast app on your computer. This app is certainly on the home screen of your computer if you have recently download it from the internet. If it had been downloaded earlier, then you need to open the programs from the control panel.
- Open settings: If more than one Chromecast is connected to the same network, then select the one which is creating a problem and leave others.
- Click on factory reset: We recommend you to click on this button only if you have already tried other troubleshooting steps because this will prompt you to setup the Chromecast again from starting.
- Click ‘Reset’: The Chromecast will come to the factory settings after this. You need to restart the setup process. If the problem still happens, then you are free to contact Google Chromecast support team. If you find success, then you are good to go further.
- Press back button: If everything else fails, then you can still factory reset your Chromecast by pressing the black button given just below the USB port of your Chromecast. Press the button for at least 25 seconds until you find the message on the TV screen or the Light starts blinking. You can let go. After some seconds, your Chromecast will be reset. You can now start the setup process again. Read on-screen instructions to initiate the setup process.