Is your Chromecast not working as it should be? If yes, then there can be a number of reasons behind it. Today, we are going to discuss the most common reasons along with the troubleshooting steps in this blog post. You must pay close attention to this post. You will be able to fix the problem successfully after reading this post.
- Factory reset your device: This is one of the most effective ways to troubleshoot your Chromecast device if it is not performing well. All the data in the form of files will remain safe in this reset function. Though you need to perform setup process after factory reset. For resetting press the button for at least 10 seconds until you notice blank screen on TV.
- Reset your modem: This is another method to fix the connection related problems on your Chromecast. If your modem and router are connected to the network line, then reset both the devices one by one.
- Use of extender: When you buy a Chromecast, it includes HDMI cable for connecting the device to the TV. This cable is provided in order to provide some space for Chromecast to get connected to nearby router easily. In case you are getting poor signal strength on your Chromecast, then use an extender on your network.
- Move your router: If you have placed the router in one corner of your house, then you may get trouble in receiving the signal on your device. We recommend you to place the router in the center of your house so that it distributes the signal equally in all directions.
- Turn the frequency to 2.4 GHz: We are well aware that our router and device operates on two frequencies name 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. If you are getting problem in receiving the signal due to a number of obstructions within the router and the device, then always use 2.4 GHz frequency. This frequency is superior to 5 GHz
- Update the firmware of router: Check for routine updates for your router online. If an update is available online, then download at once. You may find update flag at the top of your device screen. Read on-screen instructions and carefully perform an update.
- Adjust the channels on Router: On your router, there is a number of channels available for connecting the device to the network. If you are getting problem in connecting the device to the network at one channel, then change the channel and try again. This channel setting can be done manually or automatically depending on your choice.
To change the router channel, you need to go to ‘Settings’ followed by ‘instructions’. Click on settings of your channel. If no such settings are displayed on the screen, then click on the help link and enter the keywords related to it. A list of menus along with channel name will then appear on the screen. If you find any problem, you can call at support number.
Go to channel option and click on ‘Auto’ mode. If you want the router to change the channel automatically, then select this option, otherwise click on ‘Manual’ mode. You need to change the channel name of your router if more than one router is configured at home.