In case your Android TV is not detecting the in-build Chromecast device or the cast icon is not appearing on the mobile device, then follow the steps mentioned below. You will be able to troubleshoot both the problems on your own. If you are getting any error message like ‘Problem in connecting to device’, then you can follow the same troubleshooting steps or call at Chromecast support number.
The steps which we are going to share with you today will work for your problem and these steps have already been verified the technical support team of google cast. We are also going to give you some tips if you are not getting Cast icon on your mobile device screen.
You need to check if the built-in Chromecast has started working or not after performing each step.
- Check that the device and the TV should be connected to the same home network. Any mismatch in the connection may lead to a streaming issue.
- Open Installed apps from ‘My apps’ section under ‘Playstore’ app.
- You need to update all apps from here and check the date and time of your device.
How to set time for your device?
- From your Bravia or other Android TV, you need to press home button of your remote.
- Open Settings and click on ‘Date and time’. You will find this under ‘Preferences’ category.
- If your device is purchased or released after 2017, then click on ‘Auto-update date and time’.
- You can also select ‘Use network provided date and time’.
- If your TV is older than 2017, then click on ‘Auto time and date’ and set the sync method to ‘Use network provided’
If your device is not connected to the network, then you need to perform the below-mentioned steps to troubleshoot it.
- From the device remote, Press ‘Home’ button.
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Tap on ‘Date and time’ and go to ‘Auto-update date and time’
- Turn this option off.
- Adjust the time and date manually.
Now, check if everything started working normally or not. If you are still facing the problem, then it is better to contact Chromecast support.
Now, we are going to discuss steps if the cast icon is not appearing on the device screen even if the device and TV are connected to the same network. The steps are:
- Close the Chromecast enabled google app from the mobile phone and start it again. If you don’t know how to force close the app from an Android device, then open recent apps from the button and swipe the app to left or right to force close it. In case, you find that there is a problem with the app, then uninstall it and install the latest version of the app from the app store.
- Restart your network devices like router and modem by disconnecting it from the power supply and connect it again after 5 minutes.
- Switch off your mobile device and turn it on after some minutes. Check if the problem is resolved or not.
- If the problem still happens, then reset your Android TV. To reset it, you can either follow the steps mentioned on the Manufacturer website or call at Customer support number given on the google cast page.