Many times, users are unable to detect the devices for Casting the content from their Chromecast device. So today we have come up with a solution for it so that users could quickly discover the devices for casting.
There may be several reasons for not detecting the Cast devices like if your Chromecast device is not setup properly, if you are not using an internet connection that has 2.4 GHz of bandwidth for it or if there’s any problem with your operating system. So whenever we face this issue, we should first verify the settings of our Chromecast device, Network configuration, and the operating system settings to confirm that there is no issue with them, as it might be the reason for this problem. Go through the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.
- Verify the settings for your Chromecast device: Make sure your Chromecast device is connecting to the same wireless network to which your home phone is connecting. You can check it from your television screen which will display the device name and the current time along with the moving pictures.
- You can try to Cast the content with the help of Google Home application whenever you are unable to locate the different cast device for Chromecast. But before using the app for casting make sure you have gone through all the setup procedures required for casting. If you are using a device with the iOS operating system, then make sure the Bluetooth of your device is always On for casting.
- Always connect your Chromecast device to an internet connection with a minimum band width of 2.4 GHz. Chromecast works smoothly with a wireless internet bandwidth of 2.4 GHz and 802.11 b/g/n. So you can use both kinds of internet connection for setting up your Chromecast. If you are using a router with dual band, then you should turn off the settings for AP isolation. Rest other devices like your laptop or personal computer can connect to 5 GHz band internet network for a delivering the best performance while casting.
- Verify the settings of your Operating System: Make sure you are using a Chromecast compatible devices, whose operating system allows the casting of Chromecast content. Also, ensure you are using the latest version for your operating system.
- Check if other devices like phone and tablets can do the Casting: If other devices are also unable to perform Casting of the content then it means there is a problem with any of your internet devices like modem and router or an issue with internet network. So, in this case, go through the following troubleshooting steps:
- Power cycle the router or modem by unplugging the power cord and then plugging it back to its place after 20 seconds.
- Check if the Chromecast device and rest other casting devices are using the same internet connection. Verify if the network name on the TV screen is same as displayed on your other casting devices like phone, tablet, PC, etc.
But if the rest other devices can Cast the content, then it means there is an issue with your Computer or Chrome. So you should try the following steps:
- Check if the Chromecast and computer are connecting to the same internet
- Make sure you are using the most recent version of Chrome browser.
- Turn off the settings for VPN.
- Make sure the firewall settings are not blocking your Chromecast device from getting connected. Also, ensure the Firewall settings are updated with the latest one.
So these were few help steps that will assist you in solving the issues related to Casting issues with Chromecast. Remember you can also get more Chromecast Support procedures for addressing all other Chromecast issues.