Playing BBC iplayer content on big screen has now become possible with the help of a media streaming device named, Chromecast. You just need to link your device to the BBC iPlayer, after that you can play any content of your choice on the TV. You can control BBC player through below mentioned ways:
- The BBC Android iPlayer.
- BBC media player app for controlling the BBC iPlayer app.
- BBC iPlayer iOS app.
- You can also control content through a laptop browser.
Casting through BBC player
To cast content through BBC iplayer, the information will first transfer to the Wi-Fi network from there it will send to the Chromecast media player. The player will convert it into video format and get it displayed on the TV screen.
We all are aware of the fact that if you cast any content through iOS or Android app, it will get cast on the screen directly without displaying on your casting device. You can continue browsing other data or files on the computer or phone screen without any problem. Yes, to stop casting you to have to disconnect the device from the app.
Can we cast downloaded programs?
You might be surprised to know that downloaded programs are not at all supported by the player. When you play content, it will fetch directly from the internet without checking the files stored in the source player.
How to cast through BBC app?
If you want to cast any stuff from BBC iplayer app, you have to connect the app to the same Wi-Fi network on which your Chromecast is linked.
You must check the version of BBC iplayer app installed on the smartphone. If an update for the app is available, then must download and install it as it should be free from bugs and with a much-improved performance.
Once the device gets detected by the app, you will find the cast icon on the app screen. Click on this button to start watching content on the big screen.
- When you play any content, the cast icon will automatically turn blue.
- This icon is sometimes available under ‘Program’ page.
- Chromecast will now establish a connection with iplayer.
How to cast from the desktop or laptop?
- The first step is the same i: e, to connect the laptop and the Chromecast to the same Wi-Fi network.
- The Chromecast extension must be there in the chrome browser. If it is not installed yet, then you can download it from the Chromecast support site.
- Click on the program available on BBC TV channels. In case no channel is appearing on screen, you can open BBC.co.uk link.
- When you click on ‘Start program’ the cast icon will appear on the screen.
- The quality of content receiving on the screen is depended on the type of network connection you have subscribed. If you have taken the unlimited plan, then you can watch HD content seamlessly. In case you have opted for a limited plan, you won’t be able to stream seamlessly.
How to control playback?
To control the playback functions, you can check the menu in the app itself. The navigation menu is available on the cast screen.
Though the subtitles are not available on every model of Chromecast but you can enjoy on black and white models as of now.
Some users are getting the problem in listening to the audio on programs. The company confirmed this issue and is trying its best to fix as soon as possible. To use Audio description, you must use the browser version.