The media casting through Chromecast media player depends on internet connection. If the connection is proper, then only you will be able to cast the content seamlessly. If there is a problem with the network router, extender, modem or cellular network, then you won’t be able to stream the content properly. You may encounter streaming problems. But there is no need to create panic, just follow the steps mentioned in this title and solve the problem on your own.
Configuring Chromecast for maiden time
After the introduction of Google new products and software. It has become possible to configure the Chromecast on any device.
If there is a problem with the casting after configuring Chromecast
- Check and ensure that both the streaming devices are connected to the same network.
- If your router has multiple frequency support, then it can connect to multiple networks at the same time. If you have connected your Chromecast to a different network to that of the phone, then you may encounter a problem.
- To check, which network you are currently connected to, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open ‘Settings’ and go to ‘Gear icon’.
- Open ‘Wi-Fi’ and check to which network you are currently connected to.
- Don’t forget to connect the HDMI cable to the TV and to the media player.
- If your Chromecast is connected to the same network, then you will find the Chromecast screen on the TV screen.
- If you find no screen on the TV screen, then click to configure the network.
- To connect both the devices to the same network, you can either change the network of your phone or your Chromecast or make the same.
No casting even when Chromecast and smartphone is connected to the same network
- Turn off your Chromecast player from the power adapter by unplugging it from the power supply.
- Switch off your phone and leave it off for some time.
- Turn off your network devices like router, modem, and cable
- Now wait for 2 minutes and re-establish the connection by turning them on again.
- Switch on your smartphone and Chromecast.
- Now, see if you started getting Chromecast screen on the device or not.
- If not, then you can open the google troubleshooting page and diagnose the problem from there.
Content is playing but the quality of the video is not proper or can say poor quality
In such cases, you have to check the network first and check the network speed by clicking on speed test link. You can find the network uploading and downloading speed on the screen. The connection strength may decrease with the distance or obstruction.
- Check network name to which both the devices are connected.
- Close the app and clear cache from the smartphone.
- For this, open ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Apps’.
- You will find the ‘Manage apps’ section.
- Click on ‘Chromecast’ and force close it.
- You will be prompted for this action.
- Open ‘Storage’ and clear the app data and cache from there as well.
- Launch app again and check if the problem has been solved or not.
If the problem still infuriates you, then you can restart your device by pressing the power button from the top of the device.