How To Setup
Chromecast is a highly compact device that is used to stream a wide spectrum of digital content. Chromecast is a puck-like device that comes in three colors; Coral, black and lemonade. Coming from a brand like Google, Chromecast has a plenty to offer to the entertainment seekers. As streaming devices becoming more and more prevalent, it is quite obvious that the world’s biggest software company ‘Google’ can’t stay out of the digital entertainment niche, where companies like Roku, Apple and Amazon are doing extremely well. This is perhaps the reason that Google came up with its own set of streaming device by the name of ‘Google Chromecast’. With Google Chromecast connected to your HDTV or Smart TV, you can easily stream data from the internet or from your local storage devices. This happens with the help of the casting app, also known as, ‘Google Cast’. This app is available in both, Android and iOS, so you can easily download it from the application store, sync the devices and start casting.
What Is Google Cast?
Google Cast is an application that allows people to stream high definition content from the internet directly onto the TV screens. If you want to use it, then you ought to have a Google Cast ready device. Google Chromecast is perhaps the most common and most affordable option, but you can also go with the Android TV, though it is supposed to appear in built-in form, but hasn’t been there in that way yet. Google Cast supports a wide range of networks, which is a new feature as well, as the app was initially made for Chromecast only, but now, it spreads its horizons to other networks as well.
Using Google Cast
You need to make sure that the Google Cast is properly installed on your tablet or smartphone. Moreover, the Google Cast device (let’s say Chromecast) should be on the same Wi-Fi network as that of the smartphone or tablet on which the app is installed. Once both the devices are synched, then you can stream all sorts of contents.
Google Cast Extension
You can also add an extension in your Google Chrome browser and beam content from there. It is extremely simple to add the Chrome extension. Just type ‘Chrome extension for Google Cast’ on the internet and the first link that you see will be the one that will get you there at the right place. After downloading and installing the extension, you are going to see it in the top right corner of your PC/laptop. Then, you can easily cast a tab on your TV screen.
There are various apps that are compatible with Google Cast. These are; YouTube, Google Play Movies, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Blinkbox, Google Play Music, Now TV, BT Sport and many more.
Issues In Chromecast And Google Cast
Setup related issues
- Unable to connect to the selected Wi-Fi network.
- Wi-Fi network not listed during www Chromecast setup.
- Chromecast not listed in set up Chromecast app.
- Unable to connect Chromecast physically.
- Can’t see Chromecast home screen on TV.
- Yellow Exclamation Mark on the TV screen.
- Trouble in doing Google Chromecast setup with Samsung devices.
Casting related issues (TV)
- Unable to cast from Google cast enabled app.
- Problem in casting Android screen from the Google cast app.
- Not able to add YouTube app on iOS or Android device.
- Sound not proper when casting Android screen.
Cast related issues (Chrome)
- Unable to see Google Cast Extension in Chrome browser.
- Chromecast help required for ‘No cast devices found’ error.
- Purple or pink screen coming while casting from Chrome.
- Chromecast support to get Cast extension on Chrome.
- Video quality is not clear when casting a tab.
- Incomplete content while casting a tab.
- No sync between audio and video.
- Audio and/or video is missing while casting a tab.
- Video plays fine on PC, but gets frozen on TV.
Guest Mode related issues
- Not able to find guest mode pin on Chromecast’s backdrop.
- Pin is visible, but Cast icon is not present in Google Cast enable apps.
- Auto pairing for guest mode doesn’t work.
- Unable to play the request track.
- Network issues due to incomplete Google Chrome cast setup.
- Native plugins are not installed.
- UPnP is disabled in router.
Google Chromecast Setup: How To Do It In The Right Way?
Before getting into the details of setting up the device, first take a look at the set up credentials.
- A HDTV or Smart TV that has an HDMI port.
- An available USB port on the TV.
- A secured Wi-Fi network.
- An Android or iOS operated device on which the app will be installed.
How To Cast?
- Plug-in Chromecast into the TV after connecting USB cable to it. Plug other end of the USB cable into the open USB port on the TV.
- Make sure that the TV, the Chromecast and the smartphone/tablet on which Google Cast app is installed are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the application and start streaming your favorite content on the TV. For more information regarding Google Cast app, you can go to www Chromecast com setup.
- In case, there is any problem in casting the content, then recheck the setup process by browsing www Google com Chromecast setup.
Support For Chromecast And Google Cast
Despite the easiness of the setting up process of Google Chromecast, some may feel difficulties in completing the setup process easily, so they can go to https://support.google.com/chromecast/ and get all the assistance regarding the Chromecast setup. Every aspect has been covered quite comprehensively in the support for Chromecast, so you can easily get your device to working ways.
It is quite normal to miss a step or two while setting up an electronic gadget. To make sure that it doesn’t happen to you, better check out https://www.google.com/chromecast/setup/. This is the official website for Chromecast where you can find step-by-step guide to setup the device. It is extremely important to perform each and every step in the way like it is mentioned or else, you won’t be able to cast your movies and TV shows.